At LumaDent, we understand the challenges that students face and recognize that your success hinges on having access to top-tier products. Given the substantial workload you shoulder and the necessity for innovative tools, we are thrilled to offer an Extended Student Warranty for our loupes and headlights which is thoughtfully tailored just for you.
Lifetime Loupes Warranty
Students now have the opportunity to leverage our exclusive Extended Student Warranty, which provides coverage throughout four years of school (or until graduation, whichever comes first). Don't worry, just because you graduate doesn't mean you're not covered! Once you complete your program, you will then be covered under the General Warranty.
Lifetime Loupes Warranty Coverage
If you are a student and your loupes break, you're covered. Plain and simple! LumaDent warrants our products to be free from defects through servicing and/or replacement of defective components. While the Extended Student Warranty covers unlimited prescription updates, service fees may be incurred for loupes containing progressive lenses, blue blockers, or high-index lenses.
- Frames - Temple Arms, Hinges, Carrier Lens
- Telescopes/Oculars & Adhesive - Loose Oculars, Adhesive/Glue, Seals, Collimation
Not Covered in the Lifetime Loupes Warranty
The normal wear and tear associated with the daily use of any of our products is not covered by the warranty. All frames contain components classified as replaceable maintenance parts, which are also exempt from this warranty. This includes but isn't limited to components such as nose pads and auxiliary accessories such as loupe straps. Coverage will be determined by the Quality Assurance Team to ensure that your product issue was not due to manufacturer error or user misuse.
The following will void the warranty:
- Mishandling, improper use, neglect (e.g., dropped, kicked, scratched, stolen).
- Unauthorized tampering, guideline non-compliance, unapproved alterations.
- Shipping issues (e.g., package getting lost in the mail).
- Normal wear & tear (e.g., scratches, discolorations, and frame chips).
- Restricted chemical use (e.g., Using glutaraldehyde, iodophors, alcohol, bleach, CaviWipes™, or Autoclave/Chemiclave machines).
- External factors beyond our control.
Student Headlight Warranty
LumaDent warrants its current products to be free from defects through limited service and/or replacement of defective parts. We will service or replace any product found to be defective as determined by our Quality Assurance Team.
Student Headlight Warranty Coverage
By leveraging LumaDent’s award-winning headlight systems, students will easily stay ahead of the curve throughout the entirety of their educational journeys. The Student Headlight Warranty provides coverage throughout four years of school (or until graduation, whichever comes first).
The Student Headlight Warranty covers the following:
- Headlamp (LED)
- Battery Pack & Charger
- Mounts & Linkage Arms
- Wires & Cables
Not Covered in the Student Headlight Warranty
Our Quality Assurance Team has sole authority to determine defects and whether a unit qualifies for repair or replacement.
The Student Headlight Warranty can be voided for:
- Liquid damage affecting headlights and batteries.
a. Unauthorized tampering (e.g., services to products performed by a 3rd-party not authorized by LumaDent).
b. Non-compliance with product user manuals, maintenance guidelines, or warnings.
c. Standard wear & tear (e.g., scratches, discolorations, chips, accidents, mistreatment, or events beyond the reasonable control of LumaDent).
- Improper handling/inappropriate usage.
Student Return & Exchange Policy
Students can return and exchange their products as many times as needed within the 45-day trial period to ensure they're practicing with the right tools for their craft.
Returns & Refunds
LumaDent permits returns for a refund outside of the 45-day trial period, with deductions for the original shipping and handling fees, as well as any applicable service charges (such as prescription services).
Keep in mind:
- Prescription services for loupes are non-refundable (e.g., progressive, high-index, and blue blockers. Students will still receive unlimited prescription updates).
- The customer returning the product is responsible for covering the shipping costs (Shipping costs are non-refundable).
- If your product has been damaged, misused, or modified, it may not qualify for an exchange. (Refer to the “Not Covered in the Lifetime Loupes Warranty").
LumaDent offers a hassle-free exchange policy for products purchased within the 45-day trial period. Exchanges, at no additional cost, can be made for items of equal value.
You can initiate an exchange within the 45-day trial for a variety of reasons, including:
- Changing the battery color, LED Package, LED color temperature
- Changing magnification, frame style, color
- Receiving the incorrect product (e.g., mount)
- Changing type of loupes (e.g., TTL vs. Flip-Up, Galilean vs. Prism)
Keep in mind:
- Any price difference between the exchanged products must be settled before we ship the new product to you. If the new product is less expensive, we will refund the difference to you. Once we send your exchange, your 45-day trial will restart upon the day of receipt of your new product.
- If your product has been damaged, misused, or modified, it may not qualify for an exchange. (Refer to the “Not Covered in the Lifetime Loupes Warranty") section above.
*Please note: Items initiated for an exchange outside of the 45-day trial are not eligible and will be marked as a "Return" in which service fees may apply.
Student Service Process
LumaDent extends its commitment to servicing products in need even after the designated warranty expires. If you encounter any issues with your equipment and find yourself outside the warranty timeframe, we encourage you to get in touch with us to diagnose your issue.
Please note the following:
- You will have to pay a deductible if the product is non-serviceable (this only applies if you are NOT within the 45-day trial period).
- $0 for any service (if serviceable).
- $50 USD for a replacement battery or headlamp (if non-serviceable).
- $100 USD for replacement frame only(if non-serviceable or outside trial period).
- All service prices are denominated in USD.
- The serviceability of your equipment will be determined by LumaDent upon receiving and assessing the item.
- The sender is responsible for the shipping costs to LumaDent. Rest assured, LumaDent covers the shipping expenses for returning serviced product(s) to the sender using basic shipping methods.
- Questions? Please contact our Solutions Team for more information.